Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Old and New of Beijing

Sunday me & Arthur wandered around the Forbidden City, and then over to Wangfujing Dajie (street) so we got a taste of the past and present of Beijing.

At times we felt like a bit of a tourist attraction ourselves. Like most places here most of the tourists are Chinese. We caught a few trying to sneak pictures of us (we stood out a bit), and at one point a group of girls worked up some courage to ask us to pose with them for pictures. We obliged, however when I asked for money afterwards ("哎呀,十块!") they laughed and said "No money" and ran off. Next time I'll collect in advance.


PS  Chillin' drinking a beer in the Forbidden City.  NOW I feel like I'm on holiday!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how much attention a 6-foot-plus white dude would get in Beijing...probably more as you get further away from the big city, too, or maybe not? I remember getting some stares in Tokyo...

    ReplyDelete