Sunday 7 April 2013

Food in Beijing (很好吃!)

This is my dinner from my first night in Beijing, Carp in  spicy sauce.  I asked for "not too spicy" but there are about 500 chilis in the sauce.  Very tasty but it took me about an hour to eat (the fish is over 1 kg):
 
 
Snacks!  This is a Chinese version of Pringles, with a very clever delivery tray.  It's some kind of roast meat flavour:
 
 
Coffee!  It comes instant in little tubes, all-in-one with cream and sugar:
 
 
Some Chinese candy, of course:
 
 
Me in a Hutong alley with a lamb skewer.  I actually understood the vendor ("lamb or chicken?") and he understood what I asked for ("lamb of course!), a major breakthrough in sino-canadian relations:
 
 
Me protesting democracy in Tian'anmen Square.  There is no food in this picture, sorry :-(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment