Friday 19 April 2013

Misc Food

I'm catching up on my blog so here's some misc. food over the past few days.

Tonight we went to a place that specializes in cooking things on skewers - in addition to different kinds of meat you can get vegetables, bread (!) and yes even "Beef balls urinating".  Of course we tried these.  You bite into them and something squirts into you mouth.  I don't know, it sounds gross bit it's pretty tasty.

The orange tray is from a misc food court - a tray full of food for 115RMB (about 2 bucks).  The shot with the waitress is from a "Hong Kong style" restaurant.  The dish she is opening is an eggplant dish with pork and other fillings.  She made a big deal of cutting on the table.  I asked if it was ok if I took a picture, and she ignored me, so ...  And yes, that is a plate of nachos.

I picked up some misc Chinese junk food, to see if there is a decent alternative to chips.  I don't know if you can read it but the byline on one is "Chocolate Flavour Contains Filling the Cake".  And yes it's as bad as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment