Sunday 14 April 2013

Looking for advice on good Android apps

I bought an Android tablet for my trip, for checking email, updating my blog, and handling general technical withdrawl. An Asus Transformer Tablet with a docking keyboard. My impression of it so far is that it's a pretty decent piece of technology! However most of the apps that I've tried have sucked really badly. For example I wrote a nice blog yesterday on my visit to the Summer Palace and Peking Opera and then the editor crashed and I lost all my work :-(

Does anyone have any suggestions for good Android apps? I just need a simple text editor (I've tried Supernote and Kingsoft Office so far) and something to organize my photos and resize them (I'm using the File Manager that came with the tablet, and PicsArt). These programs all do the job BARELY and the whole ordeal is fairly time consuming. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'll post pics of the Summer Palace, Forbidden City etc, but in the meantime here are a few pics of food. Mostly I've been eating in food courts, which here in China ar pretty decent! (Even 7-11 has decent takeout (or "da bao" here).) The little metal wok is a spicy stir-fry mushroom dish, which I had on the "patio" (lit a table on the sidewalk outside the restaurant). The burger is from a restaurant in the Soho district, which is where a lot of the foreigners go, and therefore costs about twice as much as everywhere else. It had a distinct Sichuan bite to it!

The last one is me on the bus. One of the drawbacks to being a tall white guy!






PS  Thanks for the emails, it's nice to know people are reading my blog.  If only I could figure out a way to make money off it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment