Saturday 27 April 2013

Farewell Beijing

Thursday evening me & my roommates all went to dinner together for the first (and only) time in the 3 weeks I lived in Beijing.  In true Chinese fashion we went to a Korean BBQ place.



I don't know how Korean BBQ works where you live, but in China you get your own personal chef who leans over the table and cooks all your meat for you.  If the heat gets too low on the grill, the coals guy comes with more coals.  If you want hot sauce the hot sauce guy brings it over.  Etc.  And they play Gangam Style over and over like it's the last song on earth.  Mt roommates are from Hong Kong, Columbia and Holland.

On my last day of classes I took a couple of class photos.  Everyone was very patient and accommodated me.



My classmates are from Italy, Austria, Russia and Spain.

My last lunch in Beijing (because how can I blog without talking about food?) - donkey and duck:



And finally, from the welcome party on a rooftop patio on Bar Street in Sanlitun:


Iris and Tosca (Holland and Germany, respectively) enjoying DIONE'S CHOCOLATES in China.


Ian and Arthur enjoying too much beer.  I would regret this the next day, when I had to get up early for a train ride to Luoyang.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool that Dione's chocolates have made their way to China. Quite a big market if she can crack it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Gangnam Style. Love the slitty eyed drunk picture too.

    ReplyDelete