Saturday 13 April 2013

The Curse of the Traveller

If you're not familiar with the Curse of the traveller, you can read about it here: 

http://www.reddit.com/r/IWantOut/comments/zykw2/getting_out_and_what_it_means_to_me/c68uit9

For sure one of the things I've been experiencing on this trip is loneliness :-(  My roommates are all on different class schedules than me, so I don't see them much.  (Not to mention that they're all younger than my oldest child, so we don't necessarily want to get out and do the same things.  Case in point this weekend: Fri night the gang went out clubbing, and got home about 5am.  I stayed in, got up at 6am and studied some Chinese (yes this is the kind of thing I do for fun on a holiday!), then visited the pandas at the zoo, took a boat to the Summer Palace and wandered around the palace grounds for a few hours.  I got back to the apartment around 5pm, just when my roommates were getting out of bed!)

Anyways ... it's great when I get comments on my blog, or emails from home.  (Hint hint.)  If there's something you're curious about let me know and I'll blog more about it.  Otherwise it's just mainly stuff I find interesting, like the price of everything (I'm homeless, unemployed and travelling on a budget) and all the weird ways Beijing is different from back home :-S

I also plan to send postcards from every place I visit.  If you want a postcard, email me your address iancostanzo@gmail.com and I'll put you on the list!

Also if anyone feels like coming to China let me know.  I've already got lots of good advice, and if you're here at the same time as me we can hang out!  (This means you RonK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment