Thursday 25 April 2013

Misc. Food (everyone's favourite topic)

This is a curry beef dish from Wagas, a nice restaurant/cafe in Sanlitun Village:


This is my Chinese friend Arthur ordering dinner.  It took 2 fuwuyuan to take his order (no doubt due to the difficulties understanding his southern accent).
 

Here is the dinner.  Note the piles of chilies in everything, even the vegetables:




Sometimes the food is so good I forget to take a picture for my blog:


This morning I decided to treat myself to a good coffee (as opposed to the instant I've been drinking for the past 3 weeks).  There is a Starbucks in Sanlitun Village but I just couldn't do it!  So I went to Wagas and paid 30RMB for a latte, about the same price as I would pay in Canada.  As you would expect this place was full of foreigners.


I asked the fuwuyuan "中文 latte 怎么说?" ("How do you say latte in Chinese?") and she muttered something unintelligable and pointed at the menu, but I later figured out myself that it's called "拿铁" ("na tie").

No comments:

Post a Comment