Sunday 5 May 2013

Wandering around Dengfeng ... and Food (of course)

I spent the better part of a couple of days wandering around Dengfeng, generally being a curios sight for the locals.  Here are a few pics of the town:


There is a canal running right through town (for flood control I think) and the locals have claimed the green space between the road and canal for vegetable gardens.  There's not a lot of wasted space in China!


A clothing market.


Remember the famous "Duck King Beer City" restaurant I was looking for?  Well I found it, but it turned out to be a "self service bar".  Not sure exactly what that means.  I chose an alternate instead ...


One of the main streets.  Lots of green and views of the mountains everywhere!




A park, there are lots of these here.


A meat market.  The other day I walked past here there were carcasses of various animals hanging in the stalls.


I just thought this was a cute pic of the 2 kids.


"Family planning center" has ominous overtones in China!

And a catch up post on food:


Another meal at the Night Market.  You put money on a card and the various vendors debit you for whatever you order.  I thought the "scam" was that once you have money on your card you're incented to return every night, but it turns out you're expected to redeem your card every night, and buy a new one the next night.  Each night carries a 10 RMB surcharge to "buy' the card.


One night the hotel folks fed me.  Noodles with veggies and chicken, 10 RMB.


A burger of sorts from a street vendor.  The bun is hand made on the spot, and the filling is some kind of tofu paddy.


This is how they server pineapple here.  The vendor had a chuckle that I was taking a picture of her pineapples, but I think they're cute.


Soup and some kind of meat balls.  Whenever you eat alone in China you aways wind up with way too much food!

I'm now off to Luoyang and then Xi'An.  I will catch up as soon as I can on all my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment