Tuesday 14 May 2013

By popular request: the Shaanxi Provincial Library

I'm a bit of a library nerd.  (In Chinese - "我是图书馆迷.")  I've visited libraries while on holiday in San Francisco and Seattle, and even bought t-shirts, so why would Xi'An be an exception?  Sadly here I found no gift shop :-(



At the front, a Chinese knock-off of The Thinker.


Inside the main atrium.


The atrium from above.  All around on all levels there were people leaning over the edge (including me) - most were chatting on their phones.


What most of the library looked like.


The "Ancient Books and Modern Documents Reading Room".

I got a few stares as I was wandering around.  Especially when I was browsing the periodicals pretending I could actually read them.

Overall pretty impressive!  However I'm sorry to say that the Seattle Public Library is still my favourite :-)



1 comment:

  1. Notice that there are a couple of fire extinguishers at the end of every row....do they think the library users are going to leap into action if there is a fire?? Zoe will be sad there are no Library T-shirts..teehee.. Thansk for all the great posts:) Janine

    ReplyDelete