Friday 24 May 2013

Flying to Kunming Tomorrow

I finished up my Xi'An Chinese classes today, and started to prepare for my flight tomorrow to Kunming.  Changed some money, picked up a few things, printed off my itinerary, other boring stuff.

I managed to find time to try pairing a nice Chinese red wine (which was good but not exceptional) with a Spicy beef with rice dish (which was also good but not exceptional) and this was definitely a case where the whole is more than the sum of the parts!  The pair went together wonderfully!  It was a nice finishing touch to my visit to Xi'An.  (Although this was actually my lunch at 3:30 this afternoon - it's now close to 8PM and I have to have dinner and pack.  Stuff is scattered around my room from my mad panic trying to find my Canadian Blackberry this morning, so I could re-activate my Google services.  More about that in another blog post!)

I'll be sure to do lots of interesting stuff in Kunming, and I'll also have a look around and see if the locals are still protesting the new chemical plant.  More to follow in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment