Wednesday 22 May 2013

Chinese Tea (and Food of course)

Have I posted a picture of my new tea mug yet? If I had access to my blog I could find out. (Internet connectivity is a big problem here. In fact I'm in the middle of writing a blog post on the Internet and technology in general in China, but ironically this work-in-progress is on my blog, which I can't access tonight :-S)

Anyways here it is:
It's pretty cool, it's thermally insulated, has a mason-jar-style lid (leak proof) and a clip-in tea leaf filter (which I can remove when I make coffee). All this for about $3 Canadian. I might bring a few back to Canada and start an import/export business.

Here's some tea I picked up:

Green tea from Chinese Costco, the rest from my local supermarket. A kind of black tea, chrysanthemum tea, lemon tea, and an all-in-one flower tea (it comes in little packets that contain different kinds of flowers, herbs, and rock sugar crystals). Pretty sweet! I've also been recommended Long Jiang tea (new in Xi'An within the past year) so I'm going to try that next.

Any tea drinkers out there?

Here are my last couple of meals:

A hot noodle soup, with tofu and some kind of mince meat. It was very hot and spicy! The noodles were made from potato.


Yang rou pao mo, a Saanxi Province specialty. Check out the giant cloves of garlic it was served with! Good thing I'm travelling on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment