Monday 27 May 2013

It wasnt such a bad day after all

First of all here is my lunch that I wrote about in a previous post:


Doesn't it look appetizing?  It was served this way, a bowl of broth with some chicken scraps and a few onions, and a bowl of noodles showed up later.  Definitely the low point of my day.  (Amazing how much of my mood on this holiday revolves around food.)

Later for dinner I went to the Camel Bar.  I googled Kunming and read about this bar, which has been around awhile and become something of an institution.  (Long enough to accumulate a few negative reviews - like overpriced beer and sub-standard food.)  Nevertheless, today hamburgers were on sale and I had a hankering for a hamburger.  However when I arrived I found a whole section on the menu with Yunnan local specialties.  I picked a spicy beef cooked with hot peppers and sour pickled vegetables, yum!  And fiery hot.


They had a number of beers on the menu so for desert I had a Delerium Tremens:


This post is hereby dedicated to my brother-in-law Marc, I know he would approve of this restaurant (and could tell me if they were serving my Delerium Tremens in the correct glass).  Fiery hot food and an excellent selection of beer from all over the world (including a few from Quebec).



Gan bei!

I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all.

PS  A few pics of Kunming lit up at night:








No comments:

Post a Comment