Sunday 23 June 2013

My Classroom Visit - a few more pics

A few pics of my visit to Sandy's class.


Sandy introduced me to his class, and his class to me, in both English and Chinese.


I told them a bunch of interesting facts about Canada, mostly about how great Victoria is and how to make maple candy.


I brought some maple candy, but the teacher wouldn't let them have any unless they asked me a question in English.  Like, "Do you like Spiderman?"


"What's your favourite pet?"  "What's your favourite food?"  "Do you like China?"  What could I say?


"Sandy, you've had enough maple candy."


They put on a little skit for me, in English, and then the whole class sang the "ABC" song.


My flowers.  Unfortunately I couldn't take them on the plane back to Beijing.


Dinner.  Me toasting with Sandy's dad and grandad.  The Chinese toast constantly during dinner, if they happen to have bai jiu out (or in this case red wine).


Peace between two great nations!





No comments:

Post a Comment