Wednesday 20 February 2013

My Itinerary v 0.1

Here's my planned itinerary!!!


 
 
April 5/6 fly Victoria to Beijing.  The Vancouver/Beijing leg of the trip is direct, about 12 hours.
 
April 6 - 20 (2 weeks) in Beijing.  I'll be studying Chinese part-time at Hutong School, and the rest of the time seeing the sights and breathing the fresh clean air of Beijing!
 
April 20 - May 4 (2 weeks) travel from Beijing to Xi'An.  Visit a few interesting places along the way, such as Datong, Luoyang, Kaifeng, 等等 ...  I'll decide when I'm there and hopefully get some good advice from my new Chinese friends :-)
 
May 4 - May 18 (2 weeks) explore Xi'An and the surrounding vacinity.  Possibly hike the Hua Shan trail!
 
May 18 - 25 (1 week) take the train to Chengdu and explore the city.  Also taste all the fine Sichuan cuisine!  请不太辣!我就是加拿大人。(Not too spicy please, I'm Canadian!)
 
May 25 - June 1 (1 week) travel to Kunming, stopping at Dali and Lijiang.
 
June 1 - 8 (1 week) visit Kunming and see the sights.
 
June 8 - 22 (2 weeks) travel to Shanghai.  Where to visit along the way?  For sure Guilin.  Possibly take a Yangtze cruise from Chongqing to Yichang, and then fly to Shanghai ...  See how I feel (and how my wallet is holding up).
 
June 22 - 25 (a few days) visit Shanghai.
 
June 25/26 fly home to Victoria via Beijing and Vancouver.  Due to a curious space/time continuum I leave Beijing June 26 at 16:05 and arrive in Vancouver 4 hours earlier.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment