Monday 25 February 2013

Accessing my Blog and Email from China

I just realised the other day - now that I've decided to use Google tools (blogger and email) to communicate with my family and friends while I'm on my travels - that most of Google's tools are blocked in China!  Apparently this is very well known and there are even numerous online tools available.  For example try entering http://sendageektochina.blogspot.com into the following web site:

http://www.blockedinchina.net/


Blocked!!!

This lead to the following embarrassing conversation today:

Me:  I just found out that my blog is blocked in China.

Sonya:  Isn't that something a Geek should know?

Me:  I guess so ...

Sonya:  I think you should call your blog "Send an Enterprise Architect to China"!

Me:  (hanging my head in shame)

I'm sure there are ways around the Great Firewall (GFW) of China.  Not that I would ever try any of them.  No, never!  However I do need to keep in touch.  My mom will worry about me (especially when I blog about the Hua Shan trail, which I'm planning to hike, but more about that tomorrow.)  So I'll figure this thing out and then let you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment