Tuesday 11 July 2023

Lac Leman Beach Day and a visit to Yvoire

 Catching up on my blog, in between our day trip to Geneva and our slightly longer trip to Zurich, we had a relaxing day at the beach on Lac Leman and we did a short trip to Yvoire, "the most beautiful village in all of France".  (Yes I know they all say that but Yvoire makes a convincing case!)

We picked up a picnic at the market in Bonneville and headed to the beach!



The back was a bit rocky but I went for a short swim (just enough to register on my Strava and prove that I was in the water).  Sonya selflessly offered to stay on the beach and guard the wine.

Afterwards we took a short visit to Yvoire, also on Lac Leman about a 10 minute drive from the beach.  Yvoire is a beautiful medieval town, surrounded by 4 or 5 ginormous parking lots.  I expect it gets pretty crowded some days in the summer.  It looks mostly overrun by tourists but a few locals still live there!





There is a sand beach just past Yvoire that we will check out on our next beach day.  This will give us an opportunity to visit Yvoire again and maybe even check out one of their restaurants or cafe's!


No comments:

Post a Comment