Thursday 3 October 2019

Day 4, 0 km in Pontavedra

We had a nice day off today!  We did a bit of walking around, so it wasn't 0 km, but actually about 2 or 3, but without carrying a pack and at our leisurely "vacation pace" it felt like zero.

We collected a couple of stamps for our "pilgrim passport":


Because we're just walking a bit over 100 km, we have to collect 2 stamps per day in order to get our certificate at the end of the Camino and be "accepted by God".  Today we got stamps at a church and a restaurant, but we've collected them from shops, albergues, and even random people who have setup stops along the route.

And guess what we happened to run into in our 1 day break in some random town in Galicia province - a craft beer festival!!!




I have to point out my "dinner jacket".  I only made 3 purchases for this trip.  One thing I needed was a light coat or jacket to wear in case of cold weather, so I thought "what would my Mom do?", and I ended up picking up a nice flannel shirt at Value Village.  Sonya jokingly calls it a "dinner jacket", but at the same time she says I look like a homeless person.

(PS my other 2 purchases were a collapsible knapsack from Eddie Bower (folds up into a little pocket, we use it as a day pack) and some double-layer socks from The Running Room.)

It's raining a bit tonight, but we're hoping it clears up in the morning when we hit the road again at the crack of 8:30am sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment