Thursday 7 March 2013

我的中文名字 (My Chinese Name)

After much deliberation I've adopted 柯一安 as my Chinese name.

Last name 柯 (ke), first name 一安 (yi an).  我姓柯,叫一安。一二三的一,西安的安。

I'm not sure of the meaning of 柯 (ke), other than it's used as a Chinese surname.  (And a handy shorthand for Costanzo.)

I picked 一安 after discarding a couple of more complicated options - 伊恩 (which is the default when you run "Ian" through Google Translate), and 毅验 (yi yan - the first character means "firm, resolute, decisive").  一安 is a short form of 一生平安 (yi sheng ping an), which means "a life at peace". This is a pretty cool name!  However mainly I picked it because it would be easy to remember.

My blog name:  My previous blog was http://sendageektoaustralia.blogspot.com.  This was in support of my campaign for the "Best job in the world", which sadly I wasn't selected for :-(  However I decided to recycle the theme of "Send a geek to ..." for my China blog.

Next step - profit!!!

PS  I'll also be blogging on the Hutong School blogger site.  In the event that I can't tunnel through the Great Firewall of China to update my Blogspot blog, I'll be blogging here:  http://hutong-school.com/blog/iancostanzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment